The Altair Research Group
Mission of the ARG
To provide expert technical advice, solutions and support for all Altair products, projects and customer services.
Contribution to Altair's Products & Services
2. Mike Green, PhD (retired); Sr. Scientist and Adviser
3. Glenn Scheitrum, PhD; Microwave R&D Scientist
4. Paul Lovoi, PhD; Ceramic-to-Metal Joining, Electron Device Expert
5. Bob Drubka, PhD; Linear Accelerators
Benefits to Customers
- Assess to all the software codes required for simulations and analyses; FEA, CFD, charged-particle dynamics, magnetics, Monte Carlo N-particle, electric field analysis
- Years of experience; 30-40+ years with some members.
Use the aforementioned design skills-sets, knowledge, and experiences to provide expert value in designing and manufacturing the next-generation process or product.
ARG provides levels of expertise regarding material/alloy compatibility, temperature effects to specific materials, specific temperature profile controls, "wetting" characteristics and behaviors of various braze alloys, tooling and fixturing, furnace system accuracy and uniformity, surface plating requirements, specific application of brazing fillers, failure, and cross-section analysis, and post-braze processing (heat treat, etc).
- Add valuable insight assessing potential root-causes for failures or performance issues by:
- Reviewing data with an expert opinion
- Running code to simulate the issue, potentially leading to a solution
- Immediate insight based on the many years of experience, and simply seeing these issue before in their careers
- Ability to search, investigate and collaborate within their networks to solve high-level issues.